In the 2015 fashion documentary ‘True Cost’, it was reported that a staggering 80 billion pieces of clothing are consumed each year, but only 10% of them are donated to charity or thrift stores. The remaining 90% ends up in landfills as textile waste! Well, how can we avoid textile waste? One option is to extend the lifecycle of our clothing by up-cycling or repurposing them, and the other option is to decompose some of our clothing!  Textiles made from natural fibres can be composted and returned to earth. We’ve put together a little infographic on the biodegradability of the fabrics to help you along the next time you do a spring clean of your wardrobe. Some of your clothes can go straight back into the soil. Take a look below…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *