LOS ANGELES, CALIF. (MARCH 3, 2018) — Suzy Amis Cameron, founder of the ethical fashion initiative RCGD Global (RCGD), was honored this evening by MAISON-DE-MODE.COM at the first annual gala at the “Celebrate Sustainable Style” event held at The Sunset Tower.
Many celebrities and industry executives came out to support Amis Cameron including her husband director James Cameron, Amanda Hearst, Hassan Pierre, Paris Hilton & Chris Zylka, Angela Bassett, Nadja Swarovski, Rosario Dawson, Jaime King, Zac Posen, Lydia Hearst, Chris Hardwick, Madelaine Petsch, Nathan Jendens, Ginta Lapina, Kathy Hilton, Rick Hilton, Anne Hearst McInerney, Priyanka Bose, and many more.
During the two hour event, one-of- a-kind sustainable gowns were created by top designers Vivienne Westwood, Mary Katrantzou & Diane von Furstenberg, and were worn by critically acclaimed actresses Rosario Dawson, Angela Bassett and Madelaine Petsch. The ethical dresses are now available for purchase on MAISON-DE- MODE.COM, where a percentage of profits will be donated to the beneficiary of RCGD, MUSE School CA. MUSE School CA is an environmental non-profit educational organization Amis Cameron founded in Calabasas, Calif. with her sister Rebecca Amis.
- Madelaine Petsch is wearing a custom Mary Katrantzou dress made with sustainable silk satin and embroidered with Swarovski upcycled crystals
- Angela Bassett is wearing a custom Diane von Furstenberg iconic wrap dress made of upcycled fabric
- Rosario Dawson is wearing a Vivienne Westwood Couture draped corset gown, in a deep emerald green silk crepe marocain, layered with smoky black tulle petticoat. This special silk was carefully selected from Westwood’s fabric archives, in the name of reducing waste and reviving unused fabrics in stunning couture style.
- Amanda Hearst wearing a Gabriela Hearst gown made with upcycled Swarovski crystals
- Maye Musk is wearing an EDUN look which exemplifies their Made in Africa message and ethical production standards.
MUSE School CA is a non-profit educational organization that Amis Cameron co-founded in Calabasas, CA. The sale will begin on Sunday March 4 and it will last one week. Stay tuned to Maison De Mode for more!